29.6.12

Bookish Art: Galerija Umjetnina, Croatia

As I mentioned in a post the other day, I went to Croatia recently on holiday, travelling from Dubrovnik to Sipan to Brac to Split for twelve days of food, sun and culture. It was bliss. Whilst in Split, I went to the Galerija Umjetnina which sits just outside the Old Town walls, and some of the stuff was so lovely, I thought I'd share.*

Galerija Umjetnina Ticket, Split


'The Divan' by Vlaho Bukovac
Girl Reading I;
'The Divan' by Vlaho Bukovac, 1905 

Tolstoy, looking his usual cheery self; 
'Leo Nikolayevich Tolstoy' by Ivan Meštrović, 1904

'Man with a Monkey' by Frano Simunovic
This is a man with a monkey;
Man with a Monkey, Frano Šimunović, 1935

'Nude in the Interior' by Sava Sumunovic
 Girl Reading II;
Nude in the Interior, Sava Šumunović, ca 1926

'Women in my Garden' by Boris Bucan
 I just liked this;
Women in my Garden, Boris Bućan, 2009


There was also some great graffiti in the same area:

Graffiti, Split - 'Dalmacijavino Socijalizm'


Graffiti, Split - 'Isus'


Graffiti, Split - 'Hajduk Split'

 *These are photos taken of artwork there, so obviously I claim no copyright etc. apart from to the photos themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Best bit of blogging, by far.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...