17.8.12

Blogaversary Series: Day Five

'The Teleportation Accident' by Ned BeaumanSo, here we are on the final day of Tolstoy is my Cat's two-year blogaversary week, and thanks to everyone who's stopped by! I've had lots of new readers pop in, especially from Stumbleupon (hi guys!), which has been fab; who knows, maybe if people continue to stop by, there'll be a third anniversary and a fourth etc. :)

Anyway, don't forget to enter yesterday's giveaway of 'The Teleportation Accident' by Ned Beauman; here are my last two links from the archive:
  1.  'Show Me Something New' is one of my more craft-of-writing earlier posts, which discusses the issue of originality and expressed my frustration at the time about finding out that my novel, when described in brief, sounded like lots of books that people had read before.
Reason: Originality is obviously an on-going concern, for others as well as myself, and I find it telling that my thoughts on this haven't really changed since writing this post 18 months ago and, rather exasperatingly, that the same novel isn't finished yet either! I must get and finish it, mustn't I? Ah, well. Until then, I'll entertain myself by watching hilarious word sketches like the one included within it.
2. My final blogaversary link is to a piece of flash fiction called 'Früh', which is one of the first pieces I ever wrote, sometime before I even started this blog.
Reason: It's not perfect - far from it - but is so full of the optimism and fun I felt, and still feel, when I get down to writing that it's the highest note I could possibly end on, and it's a delight for me to go back and read it once more. I hope you like it too.

Thanks for everything guys, and don't forget to click back and enter the contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Best bit of blogging, by far.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...