11.4.11

You Never Know Who You Might Inspire

     As a blogger slash writer, I have days of triumph and days of malaise. Days when it’s wonderful and interactive and thrilling and days when I’m just sending messages into space. I know I’m not alone in this. Such is the blogger’s curse. 

     Then out of nowhere a few weeks ago I receive a message from a facebook friend who says she’s been following my blog and feels inspired to the point that she wants to confide in me a secret no-one knows: she wants to be a writer! I blush, I smile, I reply. She has some excellent ideas and her own reasons for not wanting to tell anyone just yet. I share some of my own incredibly limited experience (blog maybe? diary? practise! yay!), we both come away, I think, pleased. Turns out someone’s enjoying this apart from me. By being honest, I’ve provoked honesty elsewhere. What’s that quote? 

     “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.                                              


     Yay.

     So if you’re a blogger slash writer, keep writing. Your worth is not measured by your stat counter, the amount of comments you receive or your rating on the directories. It’s measured by the number of people you inspire, and you never know how many, or who, that might be.

6 comments:

  1. I so love this post! It's easy to get caught up in the numbers and forget what it should be all about~connecting with and inspiring others. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great post from Lyndsay.

    Someone, somewhere in the world has just read a blog and been inspired to believe they too can create their own blog or even write some fiction.

    For we all inspire each other, and thanks to the internet, that inspiration is more global than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post.

    "Surge, illuminare..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testify, people, testify :)

    Thanks for the comments, I so glad you all were clearly able to relate.

    It was a great thing to find out - I spend so much time staring at my stat counter, but finding this out was a complete shot in the arm.

    Onwards, my blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to hear that you're inspiring others!

    I'm pleased to tell you you've won The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox!

    Please message me your address so I can get it in the post to you :)

    You can use this link: http://www.michellegoode.com/contact-me.html

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Best bit of blogging, by far.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...