29.10.10

Book Quote Friday: Firework

     And so we find ourselves at our first 'Book Quote Friday', which I talked about in the 'An Update' post of a few weeks ago. Twice a month now, when I'm not serialising a short story, I will be posting literary quotes that inspire and entertain and maybe point you towards some really great literature that you've not thought of before. This is gonna be fun.


      Now, I know this quote has been doing the rounds a little lately with Katy Perry saying this phrase was the inspiration for one of her new songs, but I wanted to post it any case because it's so great and ties in a little with Bonfire Night next week. Jack Kerouac rocks; everybody should read him. Enjoy.

On the Road: The Original Scroll (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition)     'But then they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!''



Jack Kerouac, On the Road, 1957.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Best bit of blogging, by far.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...